LaunchBox Community Forums

Crashes when importing games

SwineOfWar

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here, but so far only occurs on neogeo... my favorite system :(

I thought it has to do with the filenames, becauase I have zip and fs files. Then tried to import that folder using another system, and it did not crash but no games were tobe found

2 hours ago, pina said:

Same problem here, but so far only occurs on neogeo... my favorite system :(

I thought it has to do with the filenames, becauase I have zip and fs files. Then tried to import that folder using another system, and it did not crash but no games were tobe found

Does the crash occur every time for Neo Geo and never for other platforms? That could be a clue as to the problem. Is there any way you could take a screenshot of the file names?

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Does the crash occur every time for Neo Geo and never for other platforms? That could be a clue as to the problem. Is there any way you could take a screenshot of the file names?

So far I tried several platforms and it only occurs with neogeo as chosen platform. The files I try to import are f.e. 3countb.zip and 3countb.fs. I tried them both seperately and they both crashed. So I was thinking that it’s because the roms are not suited for the neogeo platform but for arcade platform.

But on the other hand, I don’t think launchbox scans the zip files entirely to check whether the files are suited for that platform...?

BF20B49F-5530-4F05-8082-533DEDC46599.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys; I just addressed this in another thread. We have an apparent naming conflict with the LaunchBox Games Database as the "Neo Geo" platform listed in the app. I've removed the "Neo Geo" platform for the next version, which should fix the issue. You can use the proper "SNK Neo Geo AES" and "SNK Neo Geo MVS" platforms, and it should work properly.

Per SNK Neo Geo CD, my understanding is that there's not really a good way to emulate it on Android. I know it's supposedly supported by the FB Neo core, but what I've read suggests that it's not working well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 8:02 AM, LuskPhoto said:

Sprint Galaxy S10+ running Android 10 and it is not allowing import of any games in .zip or uncompressed format. Just spins and spins. Running Version 0.33 launchbox 

@LuskPhoto There was one other user who was reporting issues with a Sprint phone as well. What step of the process is it getting stuck on?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I've a similar problem on nvidia shield TV, I have no problem importing the first system collection (arcade and GC) but now every time i try to import games, launchbox exits to the android launcher. It happens when begins to download metadata (first rom name is displayed).

Any idea? there are 24gb free

Regards

3 hours ago, Hemin said:

Hello,

I've a similar problem on nvidia shield TV, I have no problem importing the first system collection (arcade and GC) but now every time i try to import games, launchbox exits to the android launcher. It happens when begins to download metadata (first rom name is displayed).

Any idea? there are 24gb free

Regards

Sorry to hear. Sounds like another strange issue. Have you tried rebooting your Shield?