LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox All Systems Cheats!

RetroExecutioner

So, i manage to delete manually 1300 games directly from LaunchBox, with the option to delete also the roms from hard drive, but before to delete the games i have 65GB roms folder, after i delete i have 60GB, why so big with only 500 mame roms games? the roms was really deleted from hard? of course for sure some was deleted because is less, but only 5GB?

Edited by ExclusiveBox

If you have a full MAME set its of 36K games but LB only imports around 2800 games due to them being working or other parameters that you choose not to import. Anyway if you only deleted 1300 games there are still around 35K ROMs in your folder. This all assumes that you have a full set if not ignore everything I've said. Also you should be careful about deleting things from MAME unless you have a non-merged set. Some files are dependent on other files and if you delete the wrong thing then the game will stop working. Deleting working games that LB imported is most likely safe to do but just deleting things not imported from the ROMs folder can cause you lots of problems.

You can download a non-merged set then delete everything except the 500 games and it should be pretty small. Or you can download the non-merged set and run it against the All Killer No Filler bat file and see how many of your 500 games are included in that. LB is designed to be a front end not the be all end all file manager for your ROMs somethings if you want done in a custom way you have to do it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

So I fix everything regarding roms, cheats, and emulators in LaunchBox, so for the others that have the same issues or want to know, the solution is here.

1. For the picture above-regarding cheats in Snes9x, first, you have to load the game in Snes9x, and then you will see the cheat section enabled.

2. An alternative to using cheats on the NES, SNES, and SEGA Genesis, the best solution is RetroArch, update it and activate them.

3. For others like me who import complete sets of MAME roms and want to delete them entirely from LaunchBox (remember to check the box to delete also the ROMs from HDD/SSD in LaunchBox Settings), the best solution that I found is after importing them in LaunchBox, delete the ones that you don't want and even the size is still significant, don't worry, the best way is to install another LaunchBox on an external HDD as I did and import them again, thereby selecting import roms, not MAME FULL SETS. In this way, you will see that you import the games you want because you already deleted the ones you don't want.
One more thing is that when you import them again, you will see some games in Plus. Don't worry; delete them again from LaunchBox and your HDD or SSD. Anyway, now I have 6GB of room for MAME instead of 60 GB and 65GB from the beginning.
For the cheats to work correctly for all platforms but not for Sega 32X, I don't know why, but I didn't find them for NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis to work very well with RetroArch. Still, the best way to make them work is to use only USA ROMs for NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis; others don't appear when you select the cheat, only on USA region roms, at least for me.
If you have complete sets of ROMs for NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis and you see that there are also ROMs for Europe, Japan, etc., write in the search box for each folder of platform USA, select all USA rooms, and create or copy to another folder, and you will have the only USA roms not mixed.
MAME is easy and fast; activate cheats in MAME emulator settings, save, and in any game. To activate cheats, press the Tab key and select Cheats. For MAME, it doesn't matter which kind of region roms you have, and the cheats are just working.
I hope that helps others regarding this issue.

***UPDATE***
I tried some MAME games this day, and I noticed that some needed fixing or fixing. When I imported the MAME games, LaunchBox automatically created a folder called Arcade because I chose to do that, which is why those games are not working correctly.
So, in the end, after other hours of trying to find a solution, I realized that the best solution is to copy all those 60GB roms into the MAME64 folder in the roms folder, so I have to stick with 60GB to have all the games work correctly. It's good that I kept those 60GB roms.
The other emulators work correctly.

Edited by RetroExecutioner

• 3 years later...