LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox All Systems Cheats!

RetroExecutioner

Hello,

Can somebody tell me how i can use cheats on all systems games like NES, SNES, NEOGEO, MAME ETC? 

As an emulator i use Retroarch, i updated the cheats in the Retroarch settings but i don't know exactly how i can activate them for games/in the game.

I am new on this, so if somebody with patience can help me with this i will appreciate a lot.

I am using latest version of LaunchBox with Licence, so i will like to know also how can use the cheats also on BigBox if there is a way.

Thank you in advance!

1 minute ago, ExclusiveBox said:

Hello,

Can somebody tell me how i can use cheats on all systems games like NES, SNES, NEOGEO, MAME ETC? 

As an emulator i use Retroarch, i updated the cheats in the Retroarch settings but i don't know exactly how i can activate them for games/in the game.

I am new on this, so if somebody with patience can help me with this i will appreciate a lot.

I am using latest version of LaunchBox with Licence, so i will like to know also how can use the cheats also on BigBox if there is a way.

Thank you in advance!

I think you bring up the quick menu in Retroarch and apply them there, although i have never used them myself, no need when you can just save whenever you like. This is a emulator feature however, and not a frontend one so Launchbox itself does not provide any cheats. I would just suggest searching youtube on how to use cheats with Retroarch.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is very complicated to use with Retroarch, so i decided to use LaunchBox with MAME, i imported all the games everything okay, i download the cheats, extract the zip file with the cheats put the file in the MAME root folder and when i pres TAB to see the option for CHEATS...NOTHING...i use LaunchBox 10.7 and MAME 0.216 AND ROMS.

Do i need to use the cheats for the version of MAME i use?

Edited by ExclusiveBox

7 minutes ago, ExclusiveBox said:

Is very complicated to use with Retroarch, so i decided to use LaunchBox with MAME, i imported all the games everything okay, i download the cheats, extract the zip file with the cheats put the file in the MAME root folder and when i pres TAB to see the option for CHEATS...NOTHING...i use LaunchBox 10.7 and MAME 0.216 AND ROMS.

Do i need to use the cheats for the version of MAME i use?

Turn them on in the plugins.ini.

image.thumb.png.d08e2d593b7354e3b7be102879450d24.png

6 minutes ago, ExclusiveBox said:

Somebody know why i don't have video previews in BigBox? I already have an account on EmuMovies, and activated when i import games. If somebody can provide the steps for enabling the video previews for games in BigBox. 

Thank you in advance!

Did you download any videos?

Also in the theme you are using is it on a view that supports videos? Some views are image only depending on the theme. 

I don't know because when i import the games at section EmuMovies, i put my account test it and i was log in, so i was thinking that automaticaly will download also the videos, there are other steps?

You have to scrape the game and when you do it will show you if there are any videos that will get downloaded along with images. Just adding your Emumovies account does not automatically do anything other than link your account to be able to download from Emumovies directly in Launchbox. 

After 6h of downloading things, the videos folder still empty, what a waste of time...what the hell downloaded?

You dont say if you have actually paid for a emumovies premium account, all you say is you have a emumovies account. Have you in fact paid the subscription fee?

• Like 1

Yeah, now i have the videos, everything okay. Thank you, man. Now i would like to know if there is a way to manage somehow the roms, i mean to delete the roms/games that i don't want to have. 

I want to create my own collection, but i would like to see also what i delete, is there a way in LaunchBox?

Edited by ExclusiveBox