LaunchBox Community Forums

How do you read and keep games on SD card?

willkills

Is there a way to keep your roms on the sd card and have launchbox launch the games from the sd card? I only can import and it takes up all my phone memory which is 64gb. I have a 256gb sd card with all my roms on it. My goal is to have LB on my phone internal memory and have my roms stored and load from the sd card. Can someone help me with this if its possible?

@Jason CarrThat's just the thing. I have my roms on the sd card already, but when I go into LB and place a system say nes it has me import the roms to my phone instead of reading them from the sd. The directory creates a game folder on my phone memory. This is what I'm trying to avoid.

Edited by willkills

2 hours ago, willkills said:

@Jason CarrThat's just the thing. I have my roms on the sd card already, but when I go into LB and place a system say nes it has me import the roms to my phone instead of reading them from the sd. The directory creates a game folder on my phone memory. This is what I'm trying to avoid.

ROMs are not moved on import for the Android version. So no, it is not copying your ROMs over to any other location. It is downloading images for the ROMs, though, and that may be on internal storage. Is that what you mean?

@Jason CarrWell, Something funky is happening then because for some reason its copying the roms and placing them into the following directory for example this is a path to where the games are being copied to...Screenshot_20191209-114900.thumb.jpg.bcc74d0eeb85ff0c04fa56fb6c3bc4d1.jpg

Then my 64gb on my phone gets washed away real fast. LB app boxart and all only use up like 6gb. As you can see the directory to read the game is not to my sd card.

Edited by willkills