LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE LEDBlinky Problem

SpuRge

For Amiga gamesI have set my Joysttick and one button to the color RED.

In Big Box it shows the preview like it should be, but when I start a game my control panel jumps back to the Big Box Active mode.

I use FS-UAE to run my Amiga games.

Does anyone else still has this problem and is there a fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you calling fs-uae.exe directly or using Launcher.exe from FS-UAE?

If you are using Launcher.exe, after doing things like setting up WHDLoad, it calls fs-uae.exe for actually running the emulation. So Launcher.exe ends and the closed/quit message is returned to Launchbox.

I'm currently trying several options to fix this myself including calling fs-uae.exe directly with custom configs.  

Edit: Normally in cases like this I use RocketLauncher to work around apps that start multiple subprocess, but then I found WinUAE Loader which is an even better solution for me and my iPac arcade panel/

Edit 2: I use a different technique now. I make a BAT file as my emulator and in it I start the real emulator and also start a custom AHK script. The BAT file waits on the AHK script to close, so LB never sends Quit to LEDBlinky until the BAT file ends. The AHK script just waits for the real fs-uae.exe process to end.

FSUAE.BAT

@echo on

START "" "C:\Users\ARCADEPC\LaunchBox\Emulators\fs-uae\Launcher.exe" -fullscreen %1
START /WAIT "" "C:\Users\ARCADEPC\LaunchBox\AutoHotKey\AutoHotKey.exe" "C:\Users\ARCADEPC\LaunchBox\AutoHotKey\Scripts\FSUAE.ahk"

exit 0

FSUAE.ahk

WinWait, ahk_exe fs-uae.exe
WinWaitClose, ahk_exe fs-uae.exe
ExitApp

Edit: Or you can add everything to the AHK, compile it and use that.

Edited by Headrush69

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, SpuRge said:

Thanks you @Headrush69

This worker perfect with the BAT file.

Glad it works for you.

I moved to using RocketLauncher for a cleaner look, and have since the move to use RetroArch with the puae core.

I use fs-uae for running workbench, but Retroarch core working great without any work with my Retroplay WHDLoad games.

@Headrush69 I have a little problem. Like I said it works perfect that was in launchbox.

Now I tested it in Big Box and this is what happens.

The game starts and the buttons are lid and they stay lid.

But the buttons don't work.

When I press esc the buttons jump back to the active menu mode and they work again.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

4 hours ago, SpuRge said:

@Headrush69 I have a little problem. Like I said it works perfect that was in launchbox.

Now I tested it in Big Box and this is what happens.

The game starts and the buttons are lid and they stay lid.

But the buttons don't work.

When I press esc the buttons jump back to the active menu mode and they work again.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

None of these steps affect actual key used, so I'm sure it's not LEDBlinky.

I can't really test as I don't have fs-uae on my LB installation anymore, but my guess is that it is possible that somehow the fs-uae window has lost focus and isn't receiving the input. You could try adding a timeout and a window activate command in the AHK script to bring it to focus again.

WinWait, ahk_exe fs-uae.exe
Sleep, 3000

WinActivate, ahk_exe fs-uae.exe

WinWaitClose, ahk_exe fs-uae.exe
ExitApp

Hope that helps. Never ran into that problem but if I think of anything else, I'll post. I'm assuming  controls are set up in FS-UAE correctly as you said it works from LB.