LaunchBox Community Forums

More than one arcade list

Wickerman1972

Wondering when the ability to have more than one arcade list will be added. I'd like to have a MAME list and a FinalBurn Neo list separate from one another. Also want to point out that it doesn't appear that the arcade filters work right now. Checked a lot of that but the playlist is still populated with a lot of mechanical and console games and computer parts like floppy drives and whatnot.

Hi wickerman, no, playlists aren't supported yet on Android. How are you testing arcade filters (I didn't think they were possible at the moment)?

Eventually we'll add support for playlists and renaming platforms, which I think should provide that functionality for you. It may be a bit yet though.

I tried both. Harder for me to tell with FinalBurn Neo because there isn't as much garbage in their lists to begin with and they're merciful enough to separate console games from the rest themselves. But with MAME I was getting console games and especially computer parts all over the place with the sliders on.

Edit: I'm not using brand new MAME roms though. I don't know if that matters. I'm using 0.197 cuz as far as I know that matches the newest Retroarch MAME core.

Edited by Wickerman1972

I see. On Android, the MAME/arcade importer does not currently handle non-arcade platforms. So I suspect that's what you're running into. It currently only works properly for the arcade MAME sets. The latest one would be the best one to use, but it should still work well enough with relatively recent sets.

Well, the newest is 0.216. I thought it would be a bad idea to use roms for that version though cuz libretro cores are my only option on Android as far as I know (Unless I go clear back to 2010) and when I load Retroarch's newest core it says 0.197 so that's the roms I sought out. But who knows, I'm new to all this.

1 minute ago, Wickerman1972 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm using. The most recent one is just called MAME. When you load it it says it is version 0.197 which led me to believe that libretro MAME runs around a year or so behind regular MAME for Windows. That's the way it looks anyway but I could be wrong of course.

I'd have to review to confirm. I thought it was more recent than that, but I could very well be wrong.

Out of curiosity I installed the Windows version of Retroarch on my laptop to see what version of MAME is the newest one on it. It uses a 0.215 core, very new indeed, just one version behind the newest. So yeah, it looks to me like the Android version of Retroarch is around a year and half behind Windows when it comes to MAME.