LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller and Mouse Ids changing every boot

Aevans0001

One more problem!

Anyone use any kind of program or have any suggestion on how to make my controllers and mice learn in to same controller port everytime? For instance I have 2 ultimark u360 controllers that I need to always be learned in as controller 1 and 2. I also have a trackball and 2 spinners that I need learned in as mouse 1,2,3 everytime. My issue is now it is being learned in as mouse 5. How it got there I do not know.

Edit: This is a windows thing not an emulator or other software issue, but I am looking for a software or hardware solution!

This is an issue that comes up time and time again and there is no simple answer to it, it's just how Windows is with USB ports and controllers.

Now having said that, I was reading an article about setting up dual flight sticks and throttle for Star Citizen a couple of a nights ago and of course having that many controllers is a nightmare due to how Windows deals with this stuff. This article goes over a lot of stuff and several programs working together to work out the issue but apparently it works. I have no idea if this same stuff would work here but in theory I would imagine it would.

Here is the article so take a look at it and see if any of it works out for you.

https://ventorvar.com/posts/joystick-intro/