LaunchBox Community Forums

PCE-CD/TG-CD games not launching from Launchbox, but directly via emulator is working fine

DroneSA

So I've got all of my systems set up to emulate via Retroarch, and so far the only one still giving me issues is PC Engine CD/TurboGrafx CD. I've got the BIOS files loaded into my Retroarch\system directory and the games load perfectly when I launch them directly from Retroarch, but for some reason when I try to launch those same games via Launchbox, nothing happens -- no window opens, no screen pops up, no error message, nothing. Just a double-click and then nothing else.

I've got the proper core selected as a default in the Retroarch emulator configuration within Launchbox (using the mednafen_pce_fast_libretro core), so I'm not sure what the issue is. And it clearly has to be a problem on the Launchbox side since launching the content via Retroarch is working just fine.

Any ideas on what I might have missed?

Aha, that was it! Launchbox comes included with default core recommendations for a bunch of systems, but not the one that I specifically loaded my PCE-CD/TG-CD games into (so basically, there was no default core selected for "NEC TurboGrafx-CD" as a platform).

Added the platform and core to the emulator configuration in Launchbox manually and voila, it works.

• Like 1