LaunchBox Community Forums

Accessing games over a network with a shield TV

dodgypast

The shield TV lets you mount a network share as part of it's filesystem, in my case the device is at :

/system/storage/Tower/Android/data etc.

Unfortunately lauchbox doesn't see this.

Is there anyway for me to be able to store files on my server and have lauchbox see them?

Edited by dodgypast

9 hours ago, dodgypast said:

The shield TV lets you mount a network share as part of it's filesystem, in my case the device is at :

/system/storage/Tower/Android/data etc.

Unfortunately lauchbox doesn't see this.

Is there anyway for me to be able to store files on my server and have lauchbox see them?

Is that the local path that the Shield uses for the remote files? I ran into permissions/API issues the last time I tried to enable that, but I don't believe I had that path. I'll put that on my list. :)

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Is that the local path that the Shield uses for the remote files? I ran into permissions/API issues the last time I tried to enable that, but I don't believe I had that path. I'll put that on my list. :)

/system/ storeage

is where the share goes, from your point of view the tower bit is the complicated part as that's the name of my machine that is providing the share ( it's actually TOWER not Tower ).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

For me, the path I use in my RA custom playlists is

/storage/DEVICENAME/SHARENAME/ROMS_DIRECTORY

This is with the device mounted on my Shield TV 2019

I hope this helps.  I would love to get this feature working as LB on android is effectively unusable for me without it.  My entire library is stored on a NAS and shared across multiple devices.

Edited by Hoju