LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam stops my controller from working with launchbox, retroarch and big box

ElaineA

As said, my dualshock 4 works fine with everything when steam is closed, but when steam it's on, it seems like steam takes exclusive use of it, making it not work with nither Big Box nor retroarch.

Anyone had this issue? Any way to fix it aside from disabling the controller in steam?

Have you installed an Xinput Wrapper?

I don't think Steam acts as an Xinput Wrapper. Basically it turns your DS4 into a Steam Controller. That shouldn't break Bigbox, as I'm pretty sure Bigbox supports Dinput and Xinput. However, in Retroarch, my guess is that when steam takes control of the controller, you would have to navigate to retroarch settings/input and change the controller type.

Wrapping the controller to Xinput should solve the problem, as hopefully Steam and everything else will see it as an Xbox Controller, which works seamlessly with all of the above, butttt... you will lose some of the DS4 functionality... like the touchpad and gyro.  

Edited by fromlostdays

2 hours ago, Ateb said:

I was having the same issue a while back,  I disabled the controller in Desktop Configuration settings menu.  

Steam->Settings->Controller->Desktop Configuration.  May work for you.

Thanks, but it doesn't work for me.

In fact i think it was already disabled :\