LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen & Wikipedia or LB DB

Codeen

Ok, hello all, it's been a bit since I've had a problem, but here it is.

First off with Mednafen, so ALL my Sega Saturn games work, they are not bad dumps, I have played them accordingly. The problem is (and I have looked for this on here but there wasn't really a solution in my favor) after a one time use (like I dub click a game and play it on Mednafen, very smoothly) it won't play anymore it goes to system settings. In order for me to play it again I have to install a fresh Mednafen and delete the old one. It gets bothersome binding the controls everytime and doing that, so can someone help?

The other with wiki and the metadata, is it won't connect but used to, now it just says error, could someone help with that? yes i have searched on here.

3 hours ago, Codeen said:

Ok, hello all, it's been a bit since I've had a problem, but here it is.

First off with Mednafen, so ALL my Sega Saturn games work, they are not bad dumps, I have played them accordingly. The problem is (and I have looked for this on here but there wasn't really a solution in my favor) after a one time use (like I dub click a game and play it on Mednafen, very smoothly) it won't play anymore it goes to system settings. In order for me to play it again I have to install a fresh Mednafen and delete the old one. It gets bothersome binding the controls everytime and doing that, so can someone help?

Is this happening only when you launch a game from Launchbox in Mednafen or does it happen even if the game is launch directly by the emulator (not using Launchbox)?

3 hours ago, Codeen said:

The other with wiki and the metadata, is it won't connect but used to, now it just says error, could someone help with that? yes i have searched on here.

There have been a few threads on this. 

9 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Is this happening only when you launch a game from Launchbox in Mednafen or does it happen even if the game is launch directly by the emulator (not using Launchbox)?

There have been a few threads on this. 

Through Launchbox, I can't just double click Mednafen and a lovely interface like LB pops up.

Like I said I searched and saw that thread, I just figured it would be resolved by now.

1 hour ago, Codeen said:

Through Launchbox, I can't just double click Mednafen and a lovely interface like LB pops up.

You can still run a game directly in mednafen. We need to test that to make sure it is not an issue with mednafen first. 

1 hour ago, Codeen said:

Like I said I searched and saw that thread, I just figured it would be resolved by now.

I did read that part that you did a search. I posted that thread since Jason directly responded in it about the issue just this past Wednesday. He advised he will likely be removing Wikipedia. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

You can still run a game directly in mednafen. We need to test that to make sure it is not an issue with mednafen first. 

I did read that part that you did a search. I posted that thread since Jason directly responded in it about the issue just this past Wednesday. He advised he will likely be removing Wikipedia. 

Ok about to check

and aww mannn, i really liked wiki too

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Ok, this is just weird. I did Mednafen standalone, dragged the cue to the exe and it works. So, I'm like ok this guy knows what he is talking about. Then, go to double click it on LB and it works also!! I don't get it