LaunchBox Community Forums

cd images in separate folders?

d8thstar

thanks for the input...  my current folder structure...

-CD IMAGES

—game 1

———game 1.iso

—game 2

———game 2.iso

so, would be great if i could point my rom folder to the CD IMAGES level, have the app read folder names but have the actual iso in the same names game folder

Each disk in its own folder is not a good idea but you can put each game in a single folder, you want to keep the cue and bin files together. This helps keep the cue sheets and any m3u playlists you have in order.

Technically you could do it the way you want but you would be doing a fair bit of cue file editing to point them to the bin / iso file location The way they are packaged they are meant to be kept together.screenshot_574.thumb.jpg.f95859fb59291e14d08efeb6dfef5a8d.jpgscreenshot_575.thumb.jpg.17bd96ea395588d0557de19ef7cc57da.jpg

You really don't want disk images with mp3 files, ideally you want cue + bin or multiple bins, those are the "good rips" or chd files which single file versions.

1 hour ago, d8thstar said:

itd be great if LB had a check box for rom folders where it would look for a file in  the folder that has the same name PLUS the rom extension.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, all you want to import into LB is the cue file or what ever specific file you need to load into the emulator.