LaunchBox Community Forums

Weird controller issue after everything was working initially

Darth513

I'm running a Windows 10 machine with nothing but BigBox/Launchbox installed in an arcade cabinet with two sanwa style controllers and 20 buttons. Each controller and 10 buttons are hooked up to a little usb hub with molex connectors for everything. Everything was working great at first then I shut down the PC to do some more work on the cabinet. Now it thinks controller 1 is controller 2 and when I try to set up controller two it comes up as (controller one or controller two) and not just controller two.  Any ideas on how to fix this? This pretty much will keep me from playing 2 player games and already jacked up all the configurations I did in MAME. 

• 3 months later...

Im having similar problems.

In order to play games  in the C64 Dreams collection I have to disconnect my 2 sanwa style controllers. Im using a wired usb Xbox1/360 controller.

When I reconnect my sanwa controllers they do not work in MAME arcade games.

Seems like it has something to do with which controllers are assigned ports 0 and 1. Seems like the C64 Dreams wants the Xbox controller in port 0.

Ive not played around much with the other consoles so cannot say how those are affected.