LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to migrate games from a different LB collection (with no success at all)

MartinC

Hi guys,

I recently downloaded the ColPipes1978's huge collection, it is really awsome. But since I already have my own collection, with some platforms, I am interested in migrate games from that collection to mine. I thought that it would be as easy as copy games and platform config XML files (from Data folder), but that did not work. Even more, when I tried to restore my files and games, those are unusable too. I assume LaunchBox is modifying some other files, but I can't find which ones. And sincerely, do a full backup from my LB folder and try by test and error is a waste of time, so I thought that would be better ask for help here. 

Anyone tried that in the past and can help me?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

7 hours ago, MartinC said:

Hi guys,

I recently downloaded the ColPipes1978's huge collection, it is really awsome. But since I already have my own collection, with some platforms, I am interested in migrate games from that collection to mine. I thought that it would be as easy as copy games and platform config XML files (from Data folder), but that did not work. Even more, when I tried to restore my files and games, those are unusable too. I assume LaunchBox is modifying some other files, but I can't find which ones. And sincerely, do a full backup from my LB folder and try by test and error is a waste of time, so I thought that would be better ask for help here. 

Anyone tried that in the past and can help me?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

We do not support unofficial builds here on the official forums. However he does use rocketlauncher to launch all games, so if you didnt copy that, and edit every single path to roms and emulators in it, then yeah it wont work and break everything.

2 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

If you are just wanting to take some games from that collection and add them to yours, then just use the standard add/import function in launchbox and have it use those files. 

Thanks Damageinc86, I am doing exactly that right now. That way I think I will have all the games imported to my collection and avoid to break anything :D

Cheers!

Martin