LaunchBox Community Forums

New computer...

1quicksi

I first started with an Arcade 1up system, quickly moved to a "large" Rasberry PI system (still have) and then finally to a PC based setup.  With power and noise, I am now contemplating a new build based on an Intel Compute Stick CS525.  Any thoughts?  Figured this would be interesting if anything...

Is this to put into the Arcade 1 Up cabinet?

Can you mount your PC parts into the cabinet? The PC case and needed case fans create most of the noise. I've mounted my PC directly to the inside of my cabinet and it's silent. The only fans are on the CPU, GPU and PS. They barely spin up at all even under load.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my A1UP's modded with a micro ATX mounted onto an mdf board and it fits perfectly. If you want an even simpler option you can get a Dell Optiplex which will also fit in there no problem. Full cabinet? You can put whatever you want in there and make it as quiet as you want using any number of cooling options. I had a Pi before but found its performance unsatisfactory for my needs. I thought of a NUC or Compute Stick but you get in my opinion really weak specs for the dough.