LaunchBox Community Forums

WoodPanels

BMovieBen

On 4/19/2020 at 11:44 AM, Banditt said:

Weird question/idea - is it possible to have the cartridge on the systems that have it (ex: Super Nintendo) to have the actual cartridge in the machine be the one from the list? Like it pulls from the cart-front folder and then has a fallback if there isn't one there?

By popular demand, this is now done!  Please see the latest version of WoodPanels on the site.  Tons of other changes too.

• 1 year later...

I love this theme, but I am having an issue. Perhaps somebody can help me. I have playlists set up as my default view. The platform wheel is great, but when I go into the playlist on anything that isn't a TV, the video doesn't move to the proper bounding box of the device view.

For example, for Gameboy, the video plays on the tv in the tv frame, but the gameboy png is over top of it.  It only happens with playlists though. My gameboy platform puts the video within the proper gameboy device view.

I've attached an image of the issue. I tried re-installing the theme, repairing it, deleting my big box settings. Not sure what else to try at this point. I hope it can work because I am so close to having it just the way I want it.

Thanks a ton!

EDIT: For the time being, my working solution was to favorite all the games from my curated lists, then run from the platform screen and create a filter for favorites. The only issue (on Big Box's side) is that it does not remember filters once you leave the platform, so for now I will have to reapply the filter each time.

DeviceView.png

Edited by TwoLegsJim
Clarification of workaround

@TwoLegsJim I never tested it with the playlists view (since I don't use it), so yeah that's interesting behavior... I would recommend you use the Text List with Details Game View (i.e. by platform, not playlist).

If you're set on playlists, you can PM me a screenshot of your view settings in bigbox and I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

• 6 months later...

Hi there, 

Sorry to necro an old thread, but wondered if you could help...

First of all, love the theme. I've tried most of them and this is by far the cleanest one I've found.

So I've just got round to setting up Neo Geo AES, and because of the way I imported the files and the Retroarch core I'm using, the platform is identified as 'SNK Neo Geo AES'. I noticed that platform images were not working in BigBox and managed to suss out that if I renamed the 'Neo Geo' image files in the theme directories I could get the platform images that were included with the theme to show up. Only issue I have is that since the theme doesn't recognise the platform the way it's named, it defaults to the NES style TV on the games list and the console floats above the TV as it's smaller than the one the included image is expecting... is there any way to assign a particular TV model to the platform to fix this? Apologies if this is glaringly obvious and I've missed it.

6 minutes ago, Sheep83 said:

Hi there, 

Sorry to necro an old thread, but wondered if you could help...

First of all, love the theme. I've tried most of them and this is by far the cleanest one I've found.

So I've just got round to setting up Neo Geo AES, and because of the way I imported the files and the Retroarch core I'm using, the platform is identified as 'SNK Neo Geo AES'. I noticed that platform images were not working in BigBox and managed to suss out that if I renamed the 'Neo Geo' image files in the theme directories I could get the platform images that were included with the theme to show up. Only issue I have is that since the theme doesn't recognise the platform the way it's named, it defaults to the NES style TV on the games list and the console floats above the TV as it's smaller than the one the included image is expecting... is there any way to assign a particular TV model to the platform to fix this? Apologies if this is glaringly obvious and I've missed it.

Easiest way to modify the theme is to download the Community Theme Editor and the project files for the WoodPanels theme off the website here in downloads, then you can copy/paste the console view you're looking to duplicate. If you're doing it by hand you'd need to copy/paste/rename some xaml files within the theme folder itself as well as any platform-specific images. Give either of those methods a shot and let me know if you get stuck.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...