LaunchBox Community Forums

Cab just finished, struggeling with IPAC2! How to setup?

darky1986

Today i already spent countless hours on how to configure my ipac2 to work with retroarch and my emulators.
Not a single game works as it should.

Could someone point me out? I already seen so many people having trouble but most of them are using a raspberry instead of a pc.
Tried configuring the ipac as gamebuttons but nothing works, keys work for the retroarch menu but when loading a core it gets messed up.
Maby someone can tell me how to map the core keys.

I placed my main pc build in the cab to play the latest fighting games.

Hope to find some answers, i'm really new to this, had no problems when using my zerodelay with a raspberry. Guess this is another story.

36 minutes ago, darky1986 said:

Today i already spent countless hours on how to configure my ipac2 to work with retroarch and my emulators.
Not a single game works as it should.

Could someone point me out? I already seen so many people having trouble but most of them are using a raspberry instead of a pc.
Tried configuring the ipac as gamebuttons but nothing works, keys work for the retroarch menu but when loading a core it gets messed up.
Maby someone can tell me how to map the core keys.

I placed my main pc build in the cab to play the latest fighting games.

Hope to find some answers, i'm really new to this, had no problems when using my zerodelay with a raspberry. Guess this is another story.

To set by core just load a game with the core you are using. Hit F1 to go into the Quick Menu. If you have the iPac set to mimic game controller inputs right there in the quick menu scroll to controls and map your buttons. Then go back a page and scroll down to overrides and then either choose Save Core Override (which applies to anytime that core is used) or Save Content Directory Overrides (which will apply those controls to any game launched from the directory.

If you have the iPac in multi-mode to mimic keyborad inputs, instead of scrolling down in the Quick Menu to controls, you need to back out one level to the main menu then go to the Gear Icon and choose Input Player 1 and Input Player 2. Set your inputs there than back out and save as before.

I do not use an iPac but have an encoder from Xgaming that has similar features.