LaunchBox Community Forums

Config Buttons all Street Fighter Games

Dexll

There an easy way to configure the buttons for all Street Fighter games without doing them one by one?  I tried copy and renaming a .cfg file, but it doesn't seem to work.  Any thoughts?  There are just so many of them, with all the versions, regions, bootlegs, etc. which I like to play.  I am thinking of setting a dedicated separate emulator for just SF games, but thought I would ask here if anyone has any ideas.

You mean with MAME? With that emulator you can define one config to work with different machines, for example one for all Capcom's CPS-1 games, one for all CPS-3, etc. What you do is make that config, put it in MAME/ctrl folder, then change one line in the mame.ini (should be in MAME's root folder) to point to that file. That line is ctrlr. Here's how the mame.ini should look:

ctrlr.thumb.png.bcb05be7550a2a6e7835c246c7a93ac2.pngHere's my config file in case you don't have one, try this and see if this works for you. I should work with any modern MAME, any Xinput and most Dinput devices:

XARCADE_XBox360x4.cfg

EDIT: If you already made a custom config for a game it will override this config file. If you prefer this config, delete the .cfg files located in the MAME/cfg folder.

Edited by Suhrvivor

Does this file also work mame retroarch for a windows pc? Because I'm struggling to get the correct mame buttons to work.
If so , whats the path of file that has to get the edit?

All buttons seem to be messed up, some do fast forward while high punching in mk games, then run and block are at different places. *headache*

Also tried editing the keys through the TAB key menu but some just won't register as an input.

thx

Edited by darky1986