LaunchBox Community Forums

No data was found on your devices internal or SD card storage

Mastryda

Getting multiple errors first installing launchbox.

Error 1 - No data was found on your devices internal or SD card storage (happens on startup)
Error 2 - An unexpected error occurred while trying to initialize Launchbox folders: Object reference not set to an instance of an object(happens on startup)

Error 3 - When I try to select a folder to import games it just shuts down and says unfortunately lauchbox has stopped

I had already installed retroarch and the few emulators I tried work.  I have even tried roms on both internal and external SD cards; both work.  Another thing I have noticed is that Launchbox does not see retroarch as an emulator?  All I see is Android native and customer emulator.  Please help and thanks in advance.

IMG_20200219_215508.jpg

IMG_20200219_215500.jpg

IMG_20200219_215453.jpg

IMG_20200219_215212.jpg

IMG_20200219_215150.jpg

Appologies, I am using a JXD s7800b with Android 4.4

Is there a tutorial I havent been able to find on initial setup using only android?  Only videos I found focus on importing from a computer.  One or two talk about after it being setup on android.  Again, thanks for the help.

Edited by Mastryda
wanted to add

Unfortunately, as best I can tell, it looks like the errors are happening because it's running an old version of Android, and there's somehow a unique problem with that device in particular. I'm not sure if the app is going to work out for you on that device. I'll take a look at the Android errors that I can see to see if there's anything I can do. Otherwise, if you'd like a refund, please just email us at support@unbrokensoftware.com with your order ID from Google Play. Sorry for the bad news here.