LaunchBox Community Forums

Recently Imported ROMs Disappearing

VMCosco

Running LB/BB on Win10. I have a decent library of ROMs from multiple systems.  Everything is running well but recently I am having an issue with adding new ROMs. 

I have tried both scanning for added and doing a direct import. After either process the new ROMs show in the appropriate /data/platforms/“system”.xml file. I close LB and confirm that the entry is still present in the xml file. I open BB and the newly added ROMs are not present. I close BB, open the xml file and the entries  for the new ROMs is gone. 

What can I do to remedy this?

26 minutes ago, VMCosco said:

Using your example, there is:

snes.xml and snes.backup.xml

The .backup files, for all systems, have old modified dates

That is the issue. The data folders should all only have one file for each platform. Even though you named them differently LB is trying to read them. So backups should not be stored in the same folder. You can create a subfolder in the \Data\Platforms folder to store the backup xml files just do not store them in the folder where the main ones are. This is why LB already has its own \Launchbox\Backups folder to backup the xml files.

17 hours ago, VMCosco said:

I will delete them and see what happens. I did not create those files manually, as far as I can remember. Why would this issue just pop up now if the backup files had always been there?

If you did not create them someone had to manually do it as that is not how Launchbox names the backup files and it also does not store them in the same folder. Launchbox stores a backup with a date in the name (Example Capcom Play System II_2020-01-25_21-07-00.xml). If you did not make it, did you by chance download a prebuilt Launchbox?

As to why it would now be an issue if it has always been there I cannot say. I can confirm it causes issues. here is a post with the exact thing causing problems.