LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo Roms running on NeoRagex 5, but not Retroarch FBAlpha2012?

xenotoca

1 hour ago, Phenomenon101 said:

Didn't work.  I mean, the other games worked fine with/without the "quotes" box being checked off.  It's unchecked now though. 

Another game that works in RetroArch, but not via Launchbox is EightMan.  Not sure if there is a common theme with some of these games.  

That is odd. Your settings look all correct. If the roms are all good and run within RA from the same core that you are using in LB then all game should work.

You are sure that when you run the games directly in RA the core you chose that the games worked in is the same core you have set in RA? Just wanting to confirm.

31 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That is odd. Your settings look all correct. If the roms are all good and run within RA from the same core that you are using in LB then all game should work.

You are sure that when you run the games directly in RA the core you chose that the games worked in is the same core you have set in RA? Just wanting to confirm.

I'm pretty sure they are:

image.thumb.png.defb4b4df448ceab81c13b9e19cef084.png

image.thumb.png.e2705b78b0113f12572a46d7bcfb9582.pngimage.thumb.png.7e6679249c6dba148485feec5b608271.pngDo you use an extra command line?  Would you happen to have this game running with Launchbox/RetroArch to share the settings with? 

Thank you for all your help with this!

3 hours ago, Phenomenon101 said:

I'm pretty sure they are:

Do you use an extra command line?  Would you happen to have this game running with Launchbox/RetroArch to share the settings with? 

Thank you for all your help with this!

I have the platform imported as SNK Neo Geo MVS and my roms are pulled from a Mame set and I use Mame to run the games.

I did just test them with Retroarch (directly inside RA) and that game runs on FBNeo, FBAlpha, and Mame cores. So I added FBNeo core to my RA set-up and tested launching the game from LB and it worked with no issue. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.18.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.18.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.20.30 PM.png

On 3/2/2020 at 3:43 PM, Retro808 said:

I have the platform imported as SNK Neo Geo MVS and my roms are pulled from a Mame set and I use Mame to run the games.

I did just test them with Retroarch (directly inside RA) and that game runs on FBNeo, FBAlpha, and Mame cores. So I added FBNeo core to my RA set-up and tested launching the game from LB and it worked with no issue. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.18.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.18.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.20.30 PM.png

Oh well.  Couldn't get it to work.  I uninstalled, reinstalled LB and RA to try over and over and nothing.  The only thing I'm thinking is the part you mentioned about using a MAME rom set and seeing if 3countbout from one of those sets could work.  

Thanks for all the help though.  Sorry about being a pest about this.  Just drove me crazy and I've been trying to make this work completely for like 5 years. lol sad I know.

Edited by Phenomenon101

2 hours ago, Phenomenon101 said:

Oh well.  Couldn't get it to work.  I uninstalled, reinstalled LB and RA to try over and over and nothing.  The only thing I'm thinking is the part you mentioned about using a MAME rom set and seeing if 3countbout from one of those sets could work.  

Thanks for all the help though.  Sorry about being a pest about this.  Just drove me crazy and I've been trying to make this work completely for like 5 years. lol sad I know.

Yeah, this is why I avoid downloading those random arcade rom sets and prefer using the roms from a Mame set if they are there. You never know how old/good the roms are.

So I would recommend getting the latest or at least a newer Mame set. I know archive.org has some more recent versions. Download a newer set, use the batch file I posted and have it copy into a new folder the NeoGeo files. Move the folder wherever you want and set up Mame (try Mame over Retroarch first). You will need to open Mame and direct it to that folder. You should see an option in the Mame UI to set directories (You can do this by editing the Mame.ini, but honestly it is super easy to just point and click in the UI). Once done save the settings and test a game. Once you tested a bunch of games and they work, then import into Launchbox.