LaunchBox Community Forums

Upgrading from MAME 0.209 to 0.218

zeroyear27

Hi there,

I would like to upgrade my merged MAME 0.209 rom set to 0.218. Big jump, I know. Would the best way for me to do this is to basically download the whole 0.218 rom set, delete the old rom set and metadata? I'm using MAME 2016 core in Retroarch to run my MAME roms. For some reason, I don't remember the MAME64.exe file being able to run the roms. Thank you!

I would just overwrite the old set, as the game names remain exactly the same. Although from 209 to 219 more stuff could have changed. 
I went through the whole set, mine is 210, and kept only the games I want, actually still quite many, and I won’t change anymore, don’t really bother if some game has been added or updated, as they all work fine. Messing around can unfortunately cause problems, problems that I don’t necessarily have the time for to fix ?

Edited by DeadVoivod