LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch Box won't Launch.

Arne

First day with LaunchBox. 4 hours of my Saturday trying to download a program videos describe as easy/simple....

Fresh Install of Win8.1 

Won't get through initialization.

I'm tired. Would like to use this program and even pay for big box but

This feels like a job. Help maybe? 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Got it up and running over two weeks ago. Enoying the learning curve after using and learning everything about retropie. Would like to see a quick tutorial on how to restore launchbox if it won't Launch. Maybe this could be added into next release. If user does routine backups from within launchbox, an executable file within the backup folder restores xml files, ect....if launchbox cannot be accessed. I lost over a week and a half of loading/confiquring/reconfiguring. Over a corrupted xml file. Message said where to find the file, but no real info on how a noob with semi literate computer skills is supposed to do this.  

Your tutorials done by eta prime are excellent. Step by step instruction  is exactly how I've been able to get as far as I did. Maybe he could show all of us how to restore if launchbox crashes.

I look forward to getting everything back up and then on to big box which will eventually run my bartop. This emulation thing can become addicting. Thank you and the whole team for creating such a great product. Despite the setback, I'm enjoying the experience.