LaunchBox Community Forums

RA not saving configs properly

flatuswalrus

I was trying to add a shader to my Genesis/ Mega Drive games, I am using the Genesis_Plus_GX_libretro core. Though, this issue I am having applies to all platforms and cores in RA.

I have it set to save on exit and my Launchbox/RA folders are not read only. I am using custom cofigs for each system and they are all functioning okay. However, when I exit RA and go back into it on a game for a platform I had set the shader on it does not load it. I have tried saving it in the configuration option under "save current configuration".

The only way it saves the shader is if I do it globally and then of course it applies to everything making some platforms/cores not work properly. It should be saving to the custom configs and I cannot figure out why it is not.

Asides from the above mentioned is there anything glaringly obvious I have not tried, thank you.

1 hour ago, Dane said:

I was trying to add a shader to my Genesis/ Mega Drive games, I am using the Genesis_Plus_GX_libretro core. Though, this issue I am having applies to all platforms and cores in RA.

I have it set to save on exit and my Launchbox/RA folders are not read only. I am using custom cofigs for each system and they are all functioning okay. However, when I exit RA and go back into it on a game for a platform I had set the shader on it does not load it. I have tried saving it in the configuration option under "save current configuration".

The only way it saves the shader is if I do it globally and then of course it applies to everything making some platforms/cores not work properly. It should be saving to the custom configs and I cannot figure out why it is not.

Asides from the above mentioned is there anything glaringly obvious I have not tried, thank you.

You should not need to use custom configs now that RA allows "Per Content Directory" override. With that you can apply settings to a unique folder and any game launched from that folder uses those settings. Gets rid of the hassle of custom configs.

• Game On 1

11 hours ago, Retro808 said:

You should not need to use custom configs now that RA allows "Per Content Directory" override. With that you can apply settings to a unique folder and any game launched from that folder uses those settings. Gets rid of the hassle of custom configs.

I did not know that. The reason I was using custom configs still was for stuff like handheld platform where I had the unit as the border on screen. Though, if these content overrides work the same I will look into those this afternoon. So that is possibly why the custom configs may not have been saving like they used to? Thank you for the tip.

22 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I am going through now and updating my configurations via this new way. From what I can tell it still saves a config file in the same location/directory. So is the only real difference that you do not have to put an extra command line parameter? I am just asking out of curiosity because I have been away from LB and RA for quite some time.

50 minutes ago, Dane said:

I am going through now and updating my configurations via this new way. From what I can tell it still saves a config file in the same location/directory. So is the only real difference that you do not have to put an extra command line parameter? I am just asking out of curiosity because I have been away from LB and RA for quite some time.

Correct.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding cofig files and general saves in RA is there any reason why a particular platform/core might not save controls well? Nearly all of my platforms have no issues mapping controls but for some reason there are the odd one here and there which just do not seem to want to save inputs like the MSX and Super Famicom. Are some cores known to be fussy with saving inputs etc?