LaunchBox Community Forums

Get game scrollbar to move images before release?

oblivioncth

I could have swore that this is how LB behaved and that in a recent update that occured while I hadn't been using the software changed this, but I could be wrong and conflating this behavior with using the scroll wheel on a mouse.

When I use the arrow keys, scroll wheel, or click and drag on the scroll bar in the sidebar categorical view on the left, the items in the list (generally platforms) move in real time; however, only using the arrow keys and mouse scroll wheel cause the images in the main games list to move in real time. If I click and drag the right side scroll bar for the games list the images stay in place until I release the scroll bar and the list simply jumps the images to the appropriate space, so I have no idea where I'm scrolling to other than just a general percetnage of the total list size.

Like I said, I swore when I first started using this software in 10.8 (was waiting on a mobile PC build to seriously start using it, which is now) the scroll bar behavior wasn't like this and the images did scroll with the bar. Even if this was never the case and I got mandelaed is there a way to make LB behave this way?

Thanks

7 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

I could have swore that this is how LB behaved and that in a recent update that occured while I hadn't been using the software changed this, but I could be wrong and conflating this behavior with using the scroll wheel on a mouse.

When I use the arrow keys, scroll wheel, or click and drag on the scroll bar in the sidebar categorical view on the left, the items in the list (generally platforms) move in real time; however, only using the arrow keys and mouse scroll wheel cause the images in the main games list to move in real time. If I click and drag the right side scroll bar for the games list the images stay in place until I release the scroll bar and the list simply jumps the images to the appropriate space, so I have no idea where I'm scrolling to other than just a general percetnage of the total list size.

Like I said, I swore when I first started using this software in 10.8 (was waiting on a mobile PC build to seriously start using it, which is now) the scroll bar behavior wasn't like this and the images did scroll with the bar. Even if this was never the case and I got mandelaed is there a way to make LB behave this way?

Thanks

It is an affect of the dynamic box sizing. With the dynamic sizing on the scroll would be jerky and not smooth so Jason turned off something in the scrolling that makes it not move until it is released. It was mentioned in the beta testing thread.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

It is an affect of the dynamic box sizing. With the dynamic sizing on the scroll would be jerky and not smooth so Jason turned off something in the scrolling that makes it not move until it is released. It was mentioned in the beta testing thread.

Ah. Hopefully an implementation is eventually utilized that allows the new theme to scroll smoothly that way.

Thanks.