LaunchBox Community Forums

External USB drive with Nvidia Shield and Launchbox

Johnseye

When I export to Android from the Launchbox PC desktop app I export it to a Western Digital external USB hard drive.  The "Android" folder is in the root of that drive. The drive shows up as an SDcard in the Shield.  I had already installed Launchbox on the Shield.  How does either Launchbox or the Shield know to look at the Android folder on the external USB hard drive?  The right way to do it would be to copy the Android folder from the USB drive to the Shield's internal drive but it doesn't have enough space.  I'd like Launchbox to recognize the USB drive for all ROM content, including art.  I'm also looking to run MAME so it will have the CHD files, lists and all the other good stuff that helps MAME work well.  I understand the sideloading of Retroarch 32bit to make this happen.  I just want to make sure that the Shield, Launchbox, Retroarch, etc know to look at the USB drive, recognized by the Shield as an SDcard for the content.  Any suggestions?