LaunchBox Community Forums

game series separations tab

shadowfire36

I have never looked but is there a way to have a game series tab in launch box in the same area as the platforms ??  wanted to sort and view not just systems or genre but game series as well. Example i want to add a tab for Dragon warrior megaman ,.hack and final fantasy games. Since i have them across different platforms i was wonder if i can add into one category like.

platforms

series> series title >display 

megaman:   megaman 1-11

megaman x 1-5

zero x 1-6 

Shin Megami Tensei : digital devil summoner 1-2 

Persona-1-5

digital devil saga 1-2 

Dragon Warrior/Quest : Dragon Warrior>display 1-9

Dragon Quest Heroes

Final Fantasy : Final Fantasy 1-15 

FF spin offs 

FF portables

.dot hack : 1-4

gu 1-3

Edited by shadowfire36

• 2 weeks later...

On a similar note, is there any way to have sub categories (platforms)?  For instance a collapsible Windows category, with RPG, FPS, etc under it.  I tried playing with the platform of a game, but didn't see a way to do this.  I tried Windows\RPG, etc.

16 minutes ago, zizbuka said:

is there any way to have sub categories (platforms)? 

Yes.

You want to be in Platform Category mode using the drop down menu on the left hand side of Launchbox. From here you can right click and make a New Category, then you can right click playlists and platforms and edit them, go to the Parents tab and there you set which categories each platform and playlist shows under, you can set them to appear under multiple.screenshot_900.jpg.03afb45565d8ecec0278a2128146d18f.jpgscreenshot_901.thumb.jpg.6354da638b7adcfe82f009805818925c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect, thank you.  With all the digital storefronts, I was looking for a way to separate by store.  Then the list of games for each got so big, I wanted to have sub-categories.  Now I do.

1 minor complaint; I can't have a sub-category name twice, even if they're in different parent.  ie. FPS under the GOG parent, means I can't create a FPS under Origin.

Like I said, minor complaint.