LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox/BigBox Won't Start Games

FETTABUBA

Hi All

I'm hoping someone can help me, and I have seen various other posts on this, but none of the suggestions has resolved this

I have added ROMS for various systems, and have tried to launch in both LaunchBox & BigBox, and I get the same error

"specified ROM path not found"

I have gone into the tools/emulator/SNES9x, and ensured that the emulator is pointing in the right direction - and it is

I have gone into tools/system/SNES9x, and ensured that the rom path is correct - and it is

I have launched ROMS through the emulator, and they work fine, but LB & BB, just won't launch

I have deleted all entries in emulators and systems, and started to "add" again, and this has not resolved it

I have added all SNES ROMS again, and this has not changed the issue

I have even tried using RetoArch for the system - downloading the SNES9x core, and I have the same issue

Can someone possibly help on this

Thanks

Sounds like you have tried a lot of things, none of which are related to the error message you are seeing.

"Specified ROM path not found" means that LaunchBox cannot find the ROM file in the place you told it that it would be in. Typically caused by 2 issues, either file permissions doesn't allow LaunchBox to see the file in it's location OR the rom isn't where you told it to look.

Did you use the import tool to add them or manually type it in?

Think you can PM me your Emulators.xml (located in \\Launchbox\Data\) and the xml for the platform you are having issues with. Will take a quick look and see if there anything obviously wrong in either causing the issue.