LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox: Add default background for games without fanart, but not the main menu

Typhon

In an attempt to add a default background to Nintendo Entertainment System games that didn't have their own fanart backgrounds, I figured out that I could add a file named LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\Nintendo Entertainment System\Fanart\Nintendo Entertainment System-01. This works, and now games with their own fanart have their own backgrounds, and games that do not, use the one I added.

Everything is great, except, before on the main menu, I would get a random fanart background when I would stop on Nintendo Entertainment System. I really liked that. Now, I get the default background that I added every time. I'm hoping there is something that I'm missing here. Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do? Thanks so much for any advice.

Edited by Typhon

1 hour ago, Typhon said:

In an attempt to add a default background to Nintendo Entertainment System games that didn't have their own fanart backgrounds, I figured out that I could add a file named LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\Nintendo Entertainment System\Fanart\Nintendo Entertainment System-01. This works, and now games with their own fanart have their own backgrounds, and games that do not, use the one I added.

Everything is great, except, before on the main menu, I would get a random fanart background when I would stop on Nintendo Entertainment System. I really liked that. Now, I get the default background that I added every time. I'm hoping there is something that I'm missing here. Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do? Thanks so much for any advice.

Currently there is not real option to set a default fanart background for games like there is for Box, 3D Box, Cart and 3D Cart. Placing the image in the folder you did that tells the platform level to use this image every time that is why you no longer get a random image.