LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Help

Moleburt

I have a few little issues I am trying to figure out if there are solutions to, neither of them are overly problematic, but if there is something to fix them that would be cool to. The first is I have a trackball on my cabinet and whenever it gets unplugged it sometimes changes the mouse number when plugged back in, is there a way to keep the device always the same every time it is plugged in?

Second question, a lot of mame games have rom check screens when you load them, I am already running the "no nag" version of .216, but is there a way to bypass these rom checks with games so that you load straight in, this is more for the aesthetics of having a seamless transition from LB to the game itself.

Last question, I have the majority of trackball games working, but I've found that certain trackball games don't register the trackball, some of the golden tee games for example. It seems the issue is certain games don't pick up when the trackball would be Mouse 2, and only register a single mouse device, not sure what the issue is with these games, or if there is a setting to make them work.

Any insight into any of these would be greatly appreciated, these forums have taught me a lot as I've built my cabinet and am very grateful to all the people who contribute.

Thanks!

1) I assume you are talking the ID within MAME? If so you can look at MAME static IDs for making those IDs static.

2) You'll need to use MAME save states. I'll let someone who know them better to add more, or google that.

3) If your mice are appearing as different IDs, I assume you have enabled multi-mouse in mame.ini. If so you should be able to map your trackball OK within MAME.

Have you set Trackball input to use a mouse device in MAME? (are you using command line MAME or a GUI variant?)

Setting like this in mame.ini...

#
# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             mouse
adstick_device            keyboard
pedal_device              keyboard
dial_device               keyboard
trackball_device          mouse
lightgun_device           mouse
positional_device         keyboard
mouse_device              mouse

Edited by Headrush69

3 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

1) I assume you are talking the ID within MAME? If so you can look at MAME static IDs for making those IDs static.

2) You'll need to use MAME save states. I'll let someone who know them better to add more, or google that.

3) If your mice are appearing as different IDs, I assume you have enabled multi-mouse in mame.ini. If so you should be able to map your trackball OK within MAME.

Have you set Trackball input to use a mouse device in MAME? (are you using command line MAME or a GUI variant?)

Setting like this in mame.ini...

Thanks for this response! I was able to set the static ID and changed the mame.ini settings that needed it, still working on figuring out if the save state is what I'm wanting, but if having the rom check screens is the worst issue I have to deal with I will take it!

30 minutes ago, Moleburt said:

Thanks for this response! I was able to set the static ID and changed the mame.ini settings that needed it, still working on figuring out if the save state is what I'm wanting, but if having the rom check screens is the worst issue I have to deal with I will take it!

I don't use save states myself, and I don't think all games support them, or even if MAME can autoload them like Retroarch can, but that about the only way to get around that.