LaunchBox Community Forums

Frontend built for dynamic libretro cores

amino

I was having trouble playing games from launchbox but no problem playing them from retroarch i turned on logging and found this error

"Frontend is built for dynamic libretro cores, but path is not set. Cannot continue.

Fatal error received in: "init_libretro_symbols()"

jni_thread_destruct()

Pause: 0x49e2b120"

I set the correct core in launchbox seems to be an issue with passing the game using command line maybe a typo somewhere

In order to run games from Launchbox, Retroarch must be closed and not running in the background.  Once I found that out all Retroarch games run flawlessly from Launchbox.  Problem appears to be on the Retroarch side and not Launchbox.

The other thing that I noticed is that some games don’t work from the emulator setting to uncompress zip or 7zip files from Launchbox.  As Retroarch does this automatically, I disable this setting.

Seems to be only happening on my nvidia shield i've had no problems on nubia red magic 3 or on nox emulator getting everthing to run properly so something is telling me the settings that are automaticly setup from launchbox are causing issue hoping there will be a logging option or more options in the interface to track down this issue.

1 minute ago, amino said:

I believe it was SNES but it does it with all of them; GBA, NES, N64, PSX, SEGA and with the same error

Alright, I'm puzzled on this. It's working properly for loads of people, so there must be something unique about your setup or device. What device are you using?

I happen to have a Shield TV myself and test most releases with it, so that baffles me even further. Just to make sure, I went ahead and re-tested everything on my Shield, and everything is working properly. Maybe there's an issue with the SD card? Can you try running them from internal storage?