LaunchBox Community Forums

Way to permanently set BigBox "Launch With"?

JsARCLIGHT

I'm very new to Launchbox / BigBox and emulation in general. I just built my own emulator cabinet and have been feeling my way through the settings for LB/BB and Retroarch (and its various cores) using very helpful YouTube videos. I've managed to fix almost all of the setup problems I've encountered just by googling, watching help videos, or simply searching through various menus and flipping switches that seem like they'd fix the problem at hand.

Everything seems to be working now and when I encounter issues I'm just capable enough to fix them, but I still have a bit of a nuisance that I'm trying to smooth out. My problem is this:

I have several arcade roms in the general category of "arcade" that need different retroarch cores to work. I've entered multiple entries in the retroarch associated platforms for "arcade" (arcade - mame, arcade - fbneo, arcade - mame 2003, etc.) with fbneo as my checked default. Then when I need to play a rom that doesn't work with fbneo I can just go to "launch with" in both Launchbox and BigBox and pick the correct core and it works... that said, the question I have is: is there a way to make LB/BB remember this setting or to manually assign a retroarch core so all I have to do is just hit "play" once the correct core is associated?  Or is this a rom / platform organization issue that I need to address in a different way? (hopefully that doesn't involve removing all my roms and replacing them with pre-curated core sets)

Thanks!

Edit the said game and within the Emulation tab, set custom command line to use that different emulators commands.

for example:

-L cores/fbneo_libretro.dll

To use the FBANeo core instead of the default that was set.

Edited by Headrush69
Fixed typo
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for the help, and thanks for the edit with the example. I tried it without the example to go by and it wasn't working, but now that I know the exact style to use it works. I've tried that script style on two games so far that use different cores and they both work with "play" now, so I'm off to add that style of entry to the others.