LaunchBox Community Forums

Video snaps missing after system rebuild

tycho

Last week, the hard drive where my LaunchBox build was located suffered a catastrophic failure, and I lost my entire build. I had video snaps for every game, individualized settings for every MS-DOS game, you name it. Luckily for me, I had duplicated my build (minus my license file) and gifted it to a friend. He was kind enough to lend me his drive so I could rebuild mine, which I did.

To completely test it, I added my license file to his build, just to make sure all the features activated. Everything works except for the video snaps, and I can't figure out why. All the MP4s are in the correct folder, just like everything else like manuals and images, and if I start BigBox, all the video snaps play for all the games and platforms. But when I run LaunchBox, I get no video snaps. The settings for each game list the video file location correctly, too. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing? Help!

3 minutes ago, tycho1974 said:

Last week, the hard drive where my LaunchBox build was located suffered a catastrophic failure, and I lost my entire build. I had video snaps for every game, individualized settings for every MS-DOS game, you name it. Luckily for me, I had duplicated my build (minus my license file) and gifted it to a friend. He was kind enough to lend me his drive so I could rebuild mine, which I did.

To completely test it, I added my license file to his build, just to make sure all the features activated. Everything works except for the video snaps, and I can't figure out why. All the MP4s are in the correct folder, just like everything else like manuals and images, and if I start BigBox, all the video snaps play for all the games and platforms. But when I run LaunchBox, I get no video snaps. The settings for each game list the video file location correctly, too. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing? Help!

In >Tools>Game Details do you have Videos checked?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

In >Tools>Game Details do you have Videos checked?

I see what you're saying. I had to go into Options, then General>Game Details and then tick the "Videos" box. That's pretty random, because all the other boxes I had checked before were still checked; Videos was the only one I had to manually re-check. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, tycho1974 said:

I see what you're saying. I had to go into Options, then General>Game Details and then tick the "Videos" box. That's pretty random, because all the other boxes I had checked before were still checked; Videos was the only one I had to manually re-check. Thanks!

Ah yeah I see I left a few click items out. LOL.

I have had that happen before. I think because the free version it is unchecked so the LB folder will save that setting. When you add a license it still uses that prior setting.