LaunchBox Community Forums

Import media & metadata question

huh123

Hi, I recently purchased Launchbox premium as well as a lifetime Emumovies subscription. I went through and started importing my GBA platform. I noticed in the Emumovies portion of the import setup, it had three video options - SD, HQ, and highest quality. I picked highest, as I figured that's all I would need. When it finished, I noticed I had just one video for GBA (along with a few themes). I tried with another platform (N64). This time zero videos downloaded. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but the only video that downloaded was the only game I have booted up through Launchbox so far.

My questions:

1. Was the reason only one video downloaded because it was the only game I had played, for some reason?
  2. Was the reason because that was the only "Highest Quality" video available? Did I need to pick the other two options as well to get the full list?

Any help is much appreciated!

7 hours ago, huh123 said:

Hi, I recently purchased Launchbox premium as well as a lifetime Emumovies subscription. I went through and started importing my GBA platform. I noticed in the Emumovies portion of the import setup, it had three video options - SD, HQ, and highest quality. I picked highest, as I figured that's all I would need. When it finished, I noticed I had just one video for GBA (along with a few themes). I tried with another platform (N64). This time zero videos downloaded. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but the only video that downloaded was the only game I have booted up through Launchbox so far.

My questions:

1. Was the reason only one video downloaded because it was the only game I had played, for some reason?
  2. Was the reason because that was the only "Highest Quality" video available? Did I need to pick the other two options as well to get the full list?

Any help is much appreciated!

1: No. The downloaded metadata has nothing to do with if it was played or not.

2: This is likely the issue. Not all games have HD videos on Emumovies. So I would have other options checked.

5 hours ago, Retro808 said:

1: No. The downloaded metadata has nothing to do with if it was played or not.

2: This is likely the issue. Not all games have HD videos on Emumovies. So I would have other options checked.

Ah gotcha. How can I check (through Launchbox itself or from Emumovies) how videos are classified as SD/HD/High HD?

Also: If I have all three video quality types checked while importing, will Launchbox only download the best version? Or will it get all three (even though the best quality is likely the only one you want)?

16 minutes ago, huh123 said:

Ah gotcha. How can I check (through Launchbox itself or from Emumovies) how videos are classified as SD/HD/High HD?

Also: If I have all three video quality types checked while importing, will Launchbox only download the best version? Or will it get all three (even though the best quality is likely the only one you want)?

Launchbox will download the highest quality one available only. Most videos are the "High" quality ones as the consoles were not HD. The HD videos are mostly for PC games that are actually HD.