LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch Box update 10.12 problem with Start up Video

DeeMann

After updating to the new version 10.12 , one of the improvements was reduced start up time. For some reason, one of my game cabinets won't allow the start up video to run completely. It will quickly go to Arcade platform.   Any ideas why? I would appreciate any help, Thanks

Edited by DeeMann

On 4/14/2020 at 10:10 AM, DeeMann said:

After updating to the new version 10.12 , one of the improvements was reduced start up time. For some reason, one of my game cabinets won't allow the start up video to run completely. It will quickly go to Arcade platform.   Any ideas why? I would appreciate any help, Thanks

Are you pressing a key during the startup video? If no key or button is pressed, it should play the whole video, but if you press a key or button, it will skip it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, long time for me to respond. Had to get work done on PC.  No keys were pressed.  I even tried some other start up videos but that didn't matter either. The initializing Big Box pops up so fast, it won't even allow a 12 second start up video to play completely.  That's how fast it pops up.  My other game cabinet has no issues what so ever, which makes it more confusing for me.  Any other suggestions would be great.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 12:49 PM, DeeMann said:

Hello, long time for me to respond. Had to get work done on PC.  No keys were pressed.  I even tried some other start up videos but that didn't matter either. The initializing Big Box pops up so fast, it won't even allow a 12 second start up video to play completely.  That's how fast it pops up.  My other game cabinet has no issues what so ever, which makes it more confusing for me.  Any other suggestions would be great.  Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. I'm honestly puzzled on this, as I've never seen that happen on any of my machines. Does it take a long time for the video to start playing?