LaunchBox Community Forums

"Rookie" Bugg report. Start up & controller bindings

Mute64

First off im not very good at explaining things nor do i very often contribute to the LB forums since my typing skills are horrifying painful, but while i have some covid 19 down time i thought i might try contribute just a little.   

BB can crash if you open the pause menu & manual while the BB start up screen is still running

- so i have my BB start up screen set for 30secs b/coz some titles that have to cache shaders or load textures take a while to boot especially on the 1st system start up. I found that some of my systems that boot up to full-screen quickly override the 30sec start up screen but it still runs in the background, and then if i open the pause screen and browse a manual b4 the " in background " startup screen finishes it can crash BB. Its not a big issue but thought it may be worth pointing out.    

Also found that binding volume or manual/pdf zoom to right Analog stick can cause issues with the pen support for RA for DS titles.

- so i bound my volume to left and right on my Right Analog stick and PDF zoom to up and down on my Right Analog stick aswell, unfortunately this must stay bound while in game for RA in the DS & Mupen core ( yet to test others ) as when i went to move the "DS emulated pen" with my right Analog stick it would also put my system into an almost like slow motion or half speed state. i then also tried other systems thru RA like Mupen64+ and the same thing happened so i unbound my BB volume and PDF zoom from the right stick and all went back to normal. now its also not a big issue but thought it may be worth pointing out.

Also having issues with startup screens and Rocket Launcher but im not to worried about that as i have almost phased out RL for my build..... just need bezel support for some standalone emulators and i would be sorted * hint * hint :) 

12 hours ago, Mute64 said:

First off im not very good at explaining things nor do i very often contribute to the LB forums since my typing skills are horrifying painful, but while i have some covid 19 down time i thought i might try contribute just a little.   

BB can crash if you open the pause menu & manual while the BB start up screen is still running

- so i have my BB start up screen set for 30secs b/coz some titles that have to cache shaders or load textures take a while to boot especially on the 1st system start up. I found that some of my systems that boot up to full-screen quickly override the 30sec start up screen but it still runs in the background, and then if i open the pause screen and browse a manual b4 the " in background " startup screen finishes it can crash BB. Its not a big issue but thought it may be worth pointing out.    

Also found that binding volume or manual/pdf zoom to right Analog stick can cause issues with the pen support for RA for DS titles.

- so i bound my volume to left and right on my Right Analog stick and PDF zoom to up and down on my Right Analog stick aswell, unfortunately this must stay bound while in game for RA in the DS & Mupen core ( yet to test others ) as when i went to move the "DS emulated pen" with my right Analog stick it would also put my system into an almost like slow motion or half speed state. i then also tried other systems thru RA like Mupen64+ and the same thing happened so i unbound my BB volume and PDF zoom from the right stick and all went back to normal. now its also not a big issue but thought it may be worth pointing out.

Also having issues with startup screens and Rocket Launcher but im not to worried about that as i have almost phased out RL for my build..... just need bezel support for some standalone emulators and i would be sorted * hint * hint :) 

Thank you @Mute64. I've noted these issues and we'll look into them. :)

The automation bindings for volume are active while the games are running on purpose, so yeah, binding those to the right stick probably won't work well. The best thing is probably to use a button combination for that.

Unfortunately fixing startup screens to work with Rocket Launcher is a nightmare (if not impossible to fix), so we're just saying that they're not compatible together. Unfortunately bezel support is still one of those things too that just isn't possible without hackery and extensive scripts for everything, so we don't plan on tackling that. It's just much better handled by the emulators themselves.

• Thanks 1