LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES9X force change input command?

Jayinem

I'm setting up many emulators that have light gun support in Lightbox and with SNES9X I change the input to Super Scope but once I load a game in launchbox it goes back to gamepad and I have to change it to Super Scope every single time. I have confirmed it's actually an emulator issue it changes the input back in SNES9X itself. I looked in the .conf file but it was no help or maybe I just am not finding it clear how to change it there, but I was wondering if there was a command I could add to where it would default to super scope?

Thanks

Edited by Jayinem

This is all I could find and it doesn't say anything about changing default input to Super Scope. 

Sorry I'm new to the forum and also a noob at scripting so I don't think I'm posting this correctly.

Joystick options: -a Alternate SideWinder game pad button mappings. -4 or -four (default: auto-detect two-button joystick) Joystick connected to computer has 4 buttons. -6 or -six (default: auto-detect two-button joystick) Joystick connected to computer has 6 buttons. -8 or -eight (default: auto-detect two-button joystick) Joystick connected to computer has 8 buttons. -s or -swap Swap emulated joy-pad 1 and 2 around, pressing '6' during a game does the same thing. -j or -nojoy Turn off joystick, SideWinder and GrIP detection (joystick polling on the PC slows the emulator down). For example, to start a game called "mario", with sound, and transparency effects, type: snes9x -tr mario.smc Keyboard Controls ================= While the emulator is running: 'Escape' Quit the emulator 'Pause' or 'Scroll Lock' Pause the emulator Joy-pad 1: 'up' or 'u' Up direction 'down', 'j' or 'n' Down direction 'left' or 'h' Left direction 'right' or 'k' Right direction 'a', 'v' or 'q' TL button 'z', 'b' or 'w' TR button 's', 'm' or 'e' X button 'x', ',' or 'r' Y button 'd', '.' or 't' A button 'c', '/' or 'y' B button 'return' Start button 'space' Select button 'Mouse left' Mouse left button or SuperScope fire button. 'Mouse right' Mouse right button or SuperScope cursor button. 'tab' SuperScope turbo toggle switch. '`' SuperScope pause button. '0' Toggle H-DMA emulation on/off. '1' Toggle background 1 on/off. '2' Toggle background 2 on/off. '3' Toggle background 3 on/off. '4' Toggle background 4 on/off. '5' Toggle sprites (sprites) on/off '6' Toggle swapping of joy-pad one and two around '7' Rotate between Multi-player 5, mouse on port 1, mouse on port 2 and SuperScope emulation. '8' Toggle background layer priorities for backgrounds involved in sub-screen addition/subtraction. '9' Toggle transparency effects on and off - only if 16-bit screen mode selected. 'Backspace' Toggle emulation of graphics window effects on/off. '-' Decrease frame redraw skip rate '+' Increase frame redraw skip rate The sequence is auto-frame rate adjust, render every frame, render 1 frame in two, render 1 frame in three, render 1 frame in four, etc. Shift+'F1-F10' Quick save a freeze game file. 'F1-F10' Quick load a freeze game file, restoring a game to an exact position. Alt+'F2' Load a game's saved position. Alt+'F3' Save a game's position. Alt+'F4' -> 'F11' Toggle sound channels on/off. Alt+'F12' Turn on all sound channels. Joystick Support ================ Snes9x supports one or two 2-button joysticks, or one 4-button or 6-button joystick - this limitation is imposed by PC hardware. On a 2-button joystick only the A and B SNES buttons are available, the remaining 4 can still be accessed via the keyboard. The following diagram shows you the button layout for 6-button PC joy-pads that look similar to real SNES joy-pads: ---TL--- ---TR--- ^ X | <- -> Y A | / / v B Make sure the joystick is centered or no buttons pressed for joy-pads when the emulator is first started to enable auto-calibration to work. SideWinder Support ================== DOS and Linux Snes9x can auto-detect up to four or more Microsoft SideWinder game-pads. A Pentium or faster computer is required with a speed-regulated joystick port. Under Windows 95, Microsoft's latest 2.0 drivers prevent DOS applications accessing the joystick port directly and instead emulate a standard 4-button joystick, which Snes9x promptly auto-detects. The trick is to temporarily disable the Microsoft drivers so Snes9x can auto-detect the SideWinders and access all 14 of its buttons. Try one of the following: - Reboot into DOS mode and run Snes9x from there. - Use the unload profiler option from the task bar icon popup menu, start Snes9x, press the mode button twice on the sidewinder, quit Snes9x and restart it again. Snes9x should have correctly auto-detected the SideWinder. This trick only works if one SideWinder is plugged in. - From the Control Panel, double-click on the Game Controllers icon, then press on the advanced tab, then change all the controller ID's to none except the first, change that to 2-axis, 4-button joystick. Start Snes9x. To go back to Windows drivers, change controller ID 1 back to being a SideWinder gamepad. Button mapping -------------- SNES SideWinder Alternate SideWinder (-a) ---- ---------- ------------------------- A B A B A B X Y X Y X Y TL Trigger Left Trigger Left TR Trigger Right Trigger Right Start Start Start Select M M GrIP Support ============ DOS Snes9x supports one or two Gravis GamePad Pros plugged into the joystick port. Make sure the GRIP.GLL file is in the same directory as Snes9x.exe or in one of directories listed in the GRIP environment variable. Unfortunately, the official GrIP toolkit seems to use the same DOS timer as the Allegro library, and the Snes9x continually speeds up and slows down as the two libraries fight for control, which makes the native GrIP support worse than useless. Use -j to disable native GrIP support and use one of the external programs that map GrIP game-pads to key presses, until I can find a solution, that is.

Edited by Jayinem