LaunchBox Community Forums

Option to remove/customize "Now Loading"-text from Default game startup theme?

daddu3

A lot of the backgrounds I've been custom-picking for my games are kinda getting obscured on the middle by the whole "Now Loading"-banner found the default Game Startup Theme. No way to customize it either so it's getting kinda intrusive on my custom fanart backgrounds. 

7gLAHrx.jpg

CJSgsdl.png

Any option to remove it in the future? Or at least, customize it?  

Edited by daddu3

22 minutes ago, daddu3 said:

A lot of the backgrounds I've been custom-picking for my games are kinda getting obscured on the middle by the whole "Now Loading"-banner found the default Game Startup Theme. No way to customize it either so it's getting kinda intrusive on my custom fanart backgrounds. 

Any option to remove it in the future? Or at least, customize it?  

Startups are only customizable by editing the code. You cannot edit the Default theme as it will always revert back to prevent it from being corrupt. You can copy the default theme folder and name it something else then edit that one and use it as your Startup theme.

Once you copy and rename the default theme right click and edit the default.xaml in that new folder. You can delete the entire grid section below which will get rid of the text and the black bar.

<Grid Grid.Row="5" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="5" Background="#AA000000">
                <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                    <RowDefinition Height="90*" />
                    <RowDefinition Height="5*" />
                    <RowDefinition Height="5*" />
                </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                    <ColumnDefinition Width="{Binding LoadingWidth}" />
                    <ColumnDefinition Width="{Binding LoadingEmptyWidth}" />
                </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                <TextBlock Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="3" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Text="{Binding NowLoadingText}" Foreground="White"
                    HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" FontSize="60" Typography.Capitals="AllSmallCaps" />
                <Grid Grid.Row="1" Background="White" />
            </Grid>