LaunchBox Community Forums

Force art retrieval?

SkyHighGam3r

I'm used to doing everything manually in HyperSpin, so LaunchBox is like visiting an alien planet...
For example... I have a game - you know it as "Brutal Unleashed: Above the Claw (USA)". "I" know it as "Brutal 2 - Unleashed - Above the Claw"
Yes, I know, that's not the proper name. I also realize this gets in the way of LaunchBox automatically retrieving art assets.
I'm fine with all of that, and the amount of work it will take to fix it.

What I'm trying to figure out though, is how do I tell LaunchBox that I want this game to search for assets for "Brutal Unleashed: Above the Claw (USA)"?
I can't imagine I absolutely HAVE to have things named down to perfection do I? That will mess up my library something fierce.

Really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

17 minutes ago, SkyHighGam3r said:

I'm used to doing everything manually in HyperSpin, so LaunchBox is like visiting an alien planet...
For example... I have a game - you know it as "Brutal Unleashed: Above the Claw (USA)". "I" know it as "Brutal 2 - Unleashed - Above the Claw"
Yes, I know, that's not the proper name. I also realize this gets in the way of LaunchBox automatically retrieving art assets.
I'm fine with all of that, and the amount of work it will take to fix it.

What I'm trying to figure out though, is how do I tell LaunchBox that I want this game to search for assets for "Brutal Unleashed: Above the Claw (USA)"?
I can't imagine I absolutely HAVE to have things named down to perfection do I? That will mess up my library something fierce.

Really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

right click it and edit, does it already have a database ID? If not click the search for metadata button and see if it finds it. You can also rename games in this window. So you may need to scrape it with the correct name, and then edit the name to your liking after.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 2:13 AM, SkyHighGam3r said:

Thank you! I had to play with it to see what you mean. It's not super intuitive haha - but that totally does the trick and I can use that as I go through my library. I appreciate your help!

Yup, this is pretty much what I'll be doing for a day or two to get my games that are missing art all fixed up.