LaunchBox Community Forums

Only show specific regions and hide BIOS roms?

Zoltrix

Hi,

I've been using LaunchBox for a while, and recently have started using Big Box. I had a couple of questions.

I know you can show games split into regions, but is it possible to hide particular regions altogether?

Was also wondering if it was possible to hide the BIOS roms in some way?

Cheers,
Zolt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zoltrix said:

I know you can show games split into regions, but is it possible to hide particular regions altogether?

No, i just dont import regions i dont want.

3 hours ago, Zoltrix said:

Was also wondering if it was possible to hide the BIOS roms in some way?

You can hide games in the edit screen, but again you shouldnt be importing bios files in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2020 at 1:27 AM, Zoltrix said:

Ah cool, so both of those options are available in the import wizard? Can't remember seeing them...

I don't see the ability to hide BIOS ROMS in the import wizard.  I'm referring to the ROM Import wizard, are you talking about the MAME Full Set import wizard?  I'm afraid to run that again and mess up any thing that's already working (especially my favorites playlist).

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 7:51 PM, neil9000 said:

No, i just dont import regions i dont want.

You can hide games in the edit screen, but again you shouldnt be importing bios files in the first place.

The problem with this lies in the fact that a lot of releases contain multiple regions and bios files. Launchbox is supposed to be a rom organiser, so advising people to manually organise their roms before importing them is not very helpful. Perhaps I only want to hide a region temporarily when I have friends who only speak one language. Perhaps I want to hide the bioses some of the time, but some of them contain a game, or easter egg, so I keep them just in case. Perhaps some emulators require the bios file to be in the rom directory, so it keeps getting imported when I click "scan for new roms". There are many reasons why this is a good idea.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Glad to see a little bit more support for this. Hopefully it'll get added one day as the lack of this feature has stunted my motivation to go any further with my current setup at the moment.

And yes, Launchbox is very much a game organizer. It refers to itself as a game organizer multiple times right on the front page.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...