LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Ignores Default Command-line Parameters for ScummVM Games

oblivioncth

This is on 10.14

I don't have this issue with any other platform and suspect the issue is related to the fact that ScummVM is whitelisted as an exception to be handled by the built-in ScummVM distribution that is present in the third party folder.

Because I always wan't to use the latest development build and have more control over the install, I use a standalone install of ScummVM that is added as en emulator and everything else about it works fine; however, despite having these options for the Default Command-line Parameters:

--no-console --fullscreen --config="D:\Launchbox\Emulators\ScummVM\scummvm.ini"

and LB showing this as a sample command:

scummvm.exe --no-console --fullscreen --config="D:\Launchbox\Emulators\ScummVM\scummvm.ini" File

none of them are used when a game is started, and I am certain this is an issue with LB thanks to ProcessMonitor (great tool), see the attached image.

As shown only the path to the EXE and the name of the ROM file are used, and you can even see that there is an extra space in the full command that was used because LB added the space that should be after the default CLI arguments but the arguments themselves are missing.

The behavior doesn't change if "Don't use quotes" or "Use file name only" are unchecked.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has ran into this issue and possibly has a solution before I submit this to the issue tracker.

Capture.PNG

I am using a Scummvm version that isn't the one that comes with LB and it picks up the command string and launches correctly with the following setup:

Capture2.thumb.JPG.818bf106a4a86b974301ee028333eacd.JPG

-c "G:\Emulators\ScummVM\ScummVM\scummvm.ini" --no-console -f 

Capture3.thumb.JPG.aee19e6b823adfd75526cef73aa2c7ca.JPGYou should also have both boxes above checked for don't use quotes and do not use file extension or path. 

2 hours ago, sundogak said:

-snip-

I am using the checkboxes you noted, hence why in Procmon the only appended command was simply "pajama" (though it's strange that there are still quotes around the file name), but I have not tried placing the default arguments in the platform association window instead of the main emulator window. I'll give that a shot and get back to you.

The games launch fine it's just that since the arguments are ignored it isn't using the .ini I want and starting in windowed mode.

Thanks.

Edited by oblivioncth

Understood, but would double check entry for errant spaces and quotes.  Have seen odd characters get put in. So maybe as a quadruple check, use similar format as above in text editor and paste into command line. In this run below my command line is getting passed from LB to ScummVM and shows my scummvm.ini getting passed as needed/expected with a non-quote game name at the end.  

Capturddddddde_cr.thumb.jpg.a84a55fd85f250c14f333bb271eab15c.jpg

• Like 1

I had accidentally unchecked the "Don't use Quotes" box when I took the screenshot I previously attached, so that is working correctly when used.

As for the launch parameters it seems like they do work when used under the associated platforms tab, which despite being a weird issue that they don't work in the main tab like they do for every other emulator, it is good enough for me.

Thanks for the help.