LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box - Sound from video still playing after starting game and quitting a game

shadyfurball

Hi there. Sorry if this has been posted before but I have an issue with big box still playing the sound from a video clip of the game even when I've started the game (ie model 2/sega rally). When I quit the emulator and move away from the selected game the sound for that games video clip is still playing. 

Even when quitting big box the sound is still playing. It stops after a few seconds. 

Anyone help with this? 

Thanks. 

Edited by shadyfurball

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 7:26 AM, davdes44 said:

Seeing the same issue as well, doesn't stop until a few seconds after i close bigbox completely 

Hey I think I managed to sort this out. In options I changed the video player from vlc to Windows media player. Hope this helps anyone else with the issue. 

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem, sometimes yes sometimes no.
with mame i have it often so i set this third party application that mutes volume bigbox when mame starts and turns bigbox volume back on when mame close

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sound_volume_view.html

Script to be launched first in the launchbox mame emulator settings :

run, "d:\Launchbox\ThirdParty\SoundVolumeView\SoundVolumeView.exe" /Mute LaunchBox
run, "d:\Launchbox\ThirdParty\SoundVolumeView\SoundVolumeView.exe" /Mute BigBox

Process, WaitClose, mame.exe

run, "d:\Launchbox\ThirdParty\SoundVolumeView\SoundVolumeView.exe" /UnMute LaunchBox
run, "d:\Launchbox\ThirdParty\SoundVolumeView\SoundVolumeView.exe" /UnMute BigBox

Edited by Sbaby

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2022 at 3:35 PM, Sbaby said:

I have the same problem, sometimes yes sometimes no.
with mame i have it often so i set this third party application that mutes volume bigbox when mame starts and turns bigbox volume back on when mame close

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sound_volume_view.html

Script to be launched first in the launchbox mame emulator settings :

run, "d:\Launchbox\ThirdParty\SoundVolumeView\SoundVolumeView.exe" /Mute LaunchBox
run, "d:\Launchbox\ThirdParty\SoundVolumeView\SoundVolumeView.exe" /Mute BigBox

Process, WaitClose, mame.exe

run, "d:\Launchbox\ThirdParty\SoundVolumeView\SoundVolumeView.exe" /UnMute LaunchBox
run, "d:\Launchbox\ThirdParty\SoundVolumeView\SoundVolumeView.exe" /UnMute BigBox

Thanks. I’ve had a hard time trying to figure out how to fix this issue and your solution worked great. It only happened maybe 1 in 8 times but definitely enough to be annoying. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

Thanks. I’ve had a hard time trying to figure out how to fix this issue and your solution worked great. It only happened maybe 1 in 8 times but definitely enough to be annoying. 

Very good, thank you. I'm glad it was helpful.

I can tell you that over time I have also added other things to mame startup besides sound_volume_view.

In particular this :
it reinforces the issue of annoying sound and forces launchbox and bigbox to always stay minimized when mame is active, to do this i suggest you this script made by me and ai , the descriptions are in italian but i think you understand

Make sure the CLASS of the mame window is 'MAME', it may be different depending on the version of MAME you own, if it is different, open the script with a text editor and edit it

MAME-Script_min_max.ahk

image.thumb.png.08aae3974e0544a0060e1022c6a73e49.png

and this :
https://www.dcmembers.com/skrommel/download/singleinstance/
Inserting mame.exe avoids multiple instances of mame. You can also use it with other emulators, put it in the Launchbox start-up applications 

image.png.3e5bcbc978e9d912b951d27f123ccdaa.png

----

ps. Launchbox already performs these operations natively, you have to go in the general options and put the flag on MINIMIZE LAUNCHBOX WHEN LAUNCHING GAMES, but I chose my script because it ensures that it always remains minimized and not only at startup, moreover for other emulators the behaviour is different and unfortunately Launchbox has the option only global for all

☺️

Edited by Sbaby
  • Like 1