LaunchBox Community Forums

Game box images being used as background

Not sure if this is from an update or not because I have not made any changes to settings in either Bigbox or Launchbox in a very long time, but I noticed tonight that the box art thumbnail images are being used instead of my fanart backgrounds. Advent Rising sample below. I used Steam Banners as the box art thumbnails for PC games and you can see the background is the same thing instead of the fanart. If anyone might have an idea for what is going on and how to fix, I'd appreciate it. I went through the image settings in Bigbox but do not see anything that corresponds to using box art in place of fan art.

Annotation 2020-05-05 232743.png

@CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT I had the same type of issue with one of the new releases and by the look of it we use the same theme so you may have the same issue I had...I spoke to Jason and he told me to ''Go to Tools > Options > Legacy > Images > Background Priorities and uncheck everything ''

when they added Epic Games to the import list it was auto checking the Epic Games Backgrounds so when I unchecked it I was back to normal....hope this helps you too ??

Edited by BluSonik
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys! Adjusting the Legacy background image priorities in LB options fixed it.

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Image priorities got cleaned up a bit in a recent update. Jason did mention we would have to check our image priorities as some may have been affected by the update. So just go into your LB image priorities and check them.

10 minutes ago, BluSonik said:

@CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT I had the same type of issue with one of the new releases and by the look of it we use the same theme so you may have the same issue I had...I spoke to Jason and he told me to ''Go to Tools > Options > Legacy > Images > Background Priorities and uncheck everything ''

It worked for me, I hope this fixes your issue too ??

• Like 1