LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause Features not showing up

RevJoe98

Hey guys, 

I have a question about the pause screen, I have LB/BB hooked up to an Xtension control pad.  When I press the pause button it used to pause the game, and show like resume, save state, load state, and maybe exit.  However, whenever I press pause now, it just dims the screen but doesn't bring up the features like save/load.  I don't know what changed it.  It used to just work with mame, but now it doesn't work at all.  I have all the pause features clicked in LB, but it's not working.  Thank you for the help!

21 hours ago, RevJoe98 said:

Hey guys, 

I have a question about the pause screen, I have LB/BB hooked up to an Xtension control pad.  When I press the pause button it used to pause the game, and show like resume, save state, load state, and maybe exit.  However, whenever I press pause now, it just dims the screen but doesn't bring up the features like save/load.  I don't know what changed it.  It used to just work with mame, but now it doesn't work at all.  I have all the pause features clicked in LB, but it's not working.  Thank you for the help!

Is it just Mame this affects or other platforms as well? Did you try a different theme to eliminate it being a theme issue?

Ok, I did some tinkering, and I found out that if I launch a Mame game in BB the pause features work, but in LB it does not.  However, when I try to play a NES game (that's the platform I tried) in BB, it opens a smaller window in Retroarch and the pause button doesn't work at all.  It's like BB features are down and only RA works, even the mouse can't appear.  Not even the exit button works.