LaunchBox Community Forums

Sinden Lightgun Progress 2020

Drakkorcia

I have been following the Sinden lightgun as closely as a person that missed the kickstarter can. I really want to get a lightgun setup for my arcade cabinets but have been holding off on buying an Aimtrak due to the (hopefully soon) release of the Sinden. Does anyone who backed this project have any progress updates or a possible estimate for the Sinden lightgun? All I know is the backers get theirs first, then the rest of us can be on the waiting list for extra units. But if it is going to be months or more away, it might be in my best interest to get an Aimtrak now, and get the Sinden when its eventually released.

2 hours ago, Drakkorcia said:

I have been following the Sinden lightgun as closely as a person that missed the kickstarter can. I really want to get a lightgun setup for my arcade cabinets but have been holding off on buying an Aimtrak due to the (hopefully soon) release of the Sinden. Does anyone who backed this project have any progress updates or a possible estimate for the Sinden lightgun? All I know is the backers get theirs first, then the rest of us can be on the waiting list for extra units. But if it is going to be months or more away, it might be in my best interest to get an Aimtrak now, and get the Sinden when its eventually released.

I am on the waiting list also, but have had Aimtraks, and currently just using wiimotes and mouse/trackballs for light gun games.

What is your set up like and do you have many different users?

The Aimtraks did work, but my biggest issue was re-calibration between adults and kids. That's a limitation of that technology, not the product and why I'm so hopeful in the Sinden Gun. I just want a pick it up and it works product for everyone in my cabinet. These aren't cheap devices, so I'd hold out if you could. I think a month or two and you'll start hearing about reviews when kickerstarters get them. Fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Sinden e-mailed with a link to order for the after kickstarter batch in September/October and I ordered mine. With shipping it was only $10 more than the Aimtrak I just bought. It was funny because I ordered the Aimtrak and while it was being shipped I got the Sinden email. But I'm cool with it. I have a lightgun for the next 5 months. Much to my surprise the Aimtrak was plug and play. All I needed to do was remap the fire button to the trigger instead of a button on the cabinet. It was a little sensitive but I think that has more to do with me using a mouse for the last several years. The only problem I have is I bought the Aimtrak holster that has no holes for mounting whatsoever, and besides I can't decide the right position and angle so I just set the gun on top of the cabinet for now. To be continued.

Edited by Drakkorcia