LaunchBox Community Forums

Reset Favorites

smackm

Hi, is there a way to completley reset all favorites across all platforms, meaning taking the favorite flag away from them. Reason is, looking for a game alpabeticaly and it is not showing up in its respective letter ( because it is favorite flaged ) is kind of confusing, cause it is only sitting in the fevorites list while browsing in Bigbox. Or is there a way to show the games both within its respective alphabetical section of the letter plus the favorites section ?

Sorry if iam missing something obvious.

1 hour ago, smackm said:

Hi, is there a way to completley reset all favorites across all platforms, meaning taking the favorite flag away from them. Reason is, looking for a game alpabeticaly and it is not showing up in its respective letter ( because it is favorite flaged ) is kind of confusing, cause it is only sitting in the fevorites list while browsing in Bigbox. Or is there a way to show the games both within its respective alphabetical section of the letter plus the favorites section ?

Sorry if iam missing something obvious.

Any game added to a playlist, even a favorited game, does not get removed from its base platform. Check to see if the game is appearing at the top of the game list in the platform. You may have the option in BigBox set to show favorites at the top of the game list. Uncheck that and the game returns to alphabetic order.

Thx fot the fast reply. Iam not talking about playlists. I was talking about browsing within the platform (Big Box). All the games i falgged as favorites show up first in the gamelist within the platform while browsing ( favorites, numbers, A,B,C so on). Games that are favorites dont show while browsing within its respective letter, wich is intended cause it is favorite flagged. I just want to pursue a diferent way seting up my favorites, thats why i want to know how to remove the favorite flaggs from all the games an easy way and not doing it for hundret of games by hand. I know my question is kind of stupid ?

Edited by smackm

23 minutes ago, smackm said:

Thx fot the fast reply. Iam not talking about playlists. I was talking about browsing within the platform (Big Box). All the games i falgged as favorites show up first in the gamelist within the platform while browsing ( favorites, numbers, A,B,C so on). Games that are favorites dont show while browsing within its respective letter, wich is intended cause it is favorite flagged. I just want to pursue a diferent way seting up my favorites, thats why i want to know how to remove the favorite flaggs from all the games an easy way and not doing it for hundret of games by hand. I know my question is kind of stupid ?

Ah gotcha. Your post was a bit confusing as you mentioned "favorites section" which led me to think a favorite playlist as I did not consider them just showing up first as an actual section. If you have the check box ticked to show "Favorited Games First" you can remove that to keep them in alphabetic order. You cannot have them show first and in alphabetic order.

You can keep them in name order in the platform and create a "Favorites" playlist. You can make an "All Favorites" and also make platform specific favorites playlists if you so choose.

If you want to get rid of the favorites flag just highlight all your games right click and bulk edit. Choose "Favorite" option and leave the Value box unchecked. When you finish the wizard it should unfavorite everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1