LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Causing Dolphin to launch on 1st Screen

BrainyCabde

Weird. Now it doesn't matter if I delete them at all. Opens on my primary monitor. Would be nice if LB added a function similar to Steam big view mode, where it automatically changes second screen to primary and switches back when you go to desktop mode. I guess i'll just launch those emulators outside of LB for now.

You're on the right track with Dolphin.  When you started it stand alone, you moved the window to the display you wanted it on, and it 'remembered' it.  I recall that's what I had to do in LaunchBox.  Start your Dolphin game through LB and moves it window as before.  You may need to take it out of full screen (Alt+Enter I think), move it, go back to full screen, then exit the game as normal back to LB.  Though I wanted it to be on the primary screen, so as I think about it, I might be 'speaking out of turn'.?

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. The weird thing is even when dragging the dolphin window to my secondary monitor when alt-entering to go to full screen, it full screens back to the primary. This doesn't happen when launching Dolphin without LB though. It's like something in LB is preventing dolphin from going full screen on secondary monitor. I'll have another go with it today and see if I can figure it out. It's like this with other standalone emulators too(PCSX2).

No dice. I'm currently trying to figure out an autohotkey script that uses Windows 10 built in function of pressing the "windows key+p" and selecting which display mode I want. It'll go from "Extend" to "Second Screen Only". I've also made a request feature to the LB team to add a tickbox for an option that launches the game on whatever display you want. Steam Big Picture mode has this and also quite a few pc games. I'm sure it can be done, but in the meantime, i'll keep chomping at the bit. I'll keep you posted if I find something.

• Like 1

You mentioned creating an AHK script.  Not sure if this would work with it starting in full screen, but as a start you may be able to finagle something from it.

Sleep, 3000    ;wait 3 seconds (more time?)
Send #+{Left}  ;Send Win+Shift+Left (or change "Left" to "Right" as necessary)
Return