LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to add new games to LaunchBox

maabus

I am trying to add a few of the games from the latest Mame update. I right click in the games menu, click add. I fill out the rom path, game name, and click ok, but the game does not get added. Im not getting any error, It just doesn't seem to do anything. I am able to add child games, but any new parent does not seem to work. This just started happening since Mame .220. Adding individual games used to work, and i have not changed anything.

These are the games that I tried to add.

Air Walkers
Gulun.Pa! (Japan 931220 L) (prototype)
Master's Fury
Pro Tennis (Japan)
Scorpion DX
Speed Race (Seletron / Olympia)

Any idea why it is not adding new games?

I would try importing via menu Tools, Import, Rome Files method or drag and drop of zip file into LB window and see if that works.  That should bring up the MAME import selection window at the end.  Also, LB won't indicate if it didn't import because it is already there.  You verify by checking the box to override importing of duplicates.

Edited by sundogak

thanks sundogak,

Using mame import did work, and installed all the missing games.

I'm just not sure why individually adding roms is not working. I scanned the xml file and it isn't there so I don't think it is the duplicate rom issue. Next time i will try the drag and drop and see if that works.

Glad you got it worked out.  I am reverse in that have always used ROM importer or currently the fullset importer tool once it was added as feature.  I only use the drag and drop for non-MAME.  But as long as you get the MAME import window at some point for whatever method it should work.  MAME is unique in that you want LB to look to the MAME.XML file in the metadata folder during import so things are added correctly.

Edited by sundogak