LaunchBox Community Forums

i erased the SELECT keyboard mapping for bigbox

DannyShane

Hello, this is embarrassing. lol. 

i accidentally cleared my "select" keyboard mapping in big box.  so now i cant even go in and remap it because i have no "select" function. lol. yes i feel stupid.  I looked at a couple of xml files thinking i could just manually enter the return key again but no luck there. 

It is a new build and i can just re-install it again but figured i would ask before i went that route 

thanks for your time.  

• Like 1

In your \Launchbox\Data folder just delete the BigBoxSetting.xaml or copy over one from your backups folder. If you delete it upon relaunch BigBox will generate it again. You will have to redo your setting for BigBox, but you will be back up an running.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

For anyone that runs into this problem.  The fastest fix is:

• quit Bigbox
  • edit BigBoxSettings.xml
  • locate line called KeyboardSelect
  • change the value from a 0 back to the original value of 6 (Enter)
  • save and restart Bigbox

I would recommend Launchbox/Bigbox not allow you to clear the `Select` button.  I was trying to add buttons when it cleared my previous entry instead.