LaunchBox Community Forums

Game was not deleted after acceptation

ultrez

There was a strange behavior when I added the game "behind enemy lines" a few days ago.  The game was added twice, one with media files and one without media files. I marked the clone for deletion, which was accepted
on 2020-06-03 10:43 AM. But the game is still in the database.

I can't link to the clone therefore the screenshot

Any ideas?

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Edited by ultrez
link removed

Looks like the same as I wrote about in my "random bug: duplicate entries in certain conditions?" topic a while back.

Your links are: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/131705 and https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/131706

Totally same behavior: those are made one after the other. I suspected that on my part I had either timed out the system if that is even possible (I check a lot and get as many pictures I can, remove backgrounds on discs etc. while I'm submitting) or a couple of times had to go back with my browser to the "add new game" page because I clicked another page by accident. I suspect those "tandem entries" are seeing by the system as one entry by a submitting user but are made twice in the system, one with images and texts and one with just texts (or part of the texts).

They don't seem to get deleted even if approved, maybe because they are "linked" or seen as "one" with the entry that was approved (in your case 131705 seems to be "married" with 131706).
If it would help I could search for similar entries from my cases, they are still there. Like the one in my topic.

Well it's a mystery to me, but I've seen this pattern quite a few times. Maybe someone has a better analyze of this case :D

Edited by kurzih

• 2 weeks later...